The Master Singers
“I have thoroughly enjoyed your concerts throughout the years. This program today has a special theme felt throughout the concert – Homeland – a place to belong – a peace – contentment. Such wonderful repertoire, I often leave concerts wanting more.” -Concert Patron
The Master Singers, a community chamber ensemble with membership from throughout the Greater Chippewa Valley, performs repertoire from a rich choral tradition. The ensemble is celebrating its Silver Anniversary Concert Season in 2017-2018 with a subscription series featuring three concerts. The Master Singers is pleased to be working with Connor Koppin as composer-in-residence this season.
The ensemble is dedicated to the fostering, promotion and appreciation of choral music in the Greater Chippewa Valley with the membership of The Master Singers from colleges and universities that are noted for a strong choral tradition. Annually, the ensemble performs in churches and concert halls in the Chippewa Valley, Minneapolis and Saint Paul, including, since 1997, performing as guest artist in the Missa Choralis Series at the Basilica of Saint Mary in Minneapolis. Additionally, the ensemble has appeared in Wisconsin at the River Arts Center in Prairie du Sac, the Richland Concert Association in Richland Center, the Mabel Tainter Center for the Arts in Menomonie, the Heyde Center for the Arts in Chippewa Falls and the Flambeau Valley Arts Association in Ladysmith.
The Master Singers has collaborated with prominent choral conductors/composers including Eric Barnum, Jackson Berkey, Eph Ehly, Dan Forrest, James Fritschel, Dale Grotenhuis, Dan Kallman, Connor Koppin, Zachary Moore, James Mulholland, Andrew Steffen, Z. Randall Stroope, Timothy Takach, and Jeffrey Van. This collaboration has involved annual commissioned works for the ensemble from numerous composers over their history. The Master Singers have available over 30 compact discs for sale to the public.
My husband and I attended the ECCO concert featuring Choral Fantasy by Beethoven. We LOVED the Choral Fantasy. When you finished, we looked at each other and just went, WOW!” -Concert Patron
The Master Singers has appeared in concert with the Chippewa Valley Symphony Orchestra, Eau Claire Chamber Orchestra, Philadelphia Brass, and the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Symphony Orchestra. Since 2006, The Master Singers has been featured on Wisconsin Public Radio in an annual broadcast of their Christmas concert. In 2017, WPR will begin broadcasting their fall series, America, My Home. The Master Singers performed at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington D.C. in February 2013. In 2014, the ensemble participated in a choral residency with composer Dan Forrest in Chicago. Most recently, The Master Singers participated in the Four Freedom Choral Festival in Washington D.C. honoring Franklin Delano Roosevelt in April 2016. The Master Singers have been invited to perform in the 75th Anniversary of D-Day and the Liberation of France Choral Festival in Paris in July 2019.
Membership in the choir is through audition with the conductor. Interested vocalists are encouraged to contact the conductor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Master Singers would like to thank those individuals and organizations who have supported our mission of the fostering, promotion and appreciation of choral music in the Greater Chippewa Valley.
- Eau Claire North High School Choral Program, Rachael McIlquham, conductor
- Eau Claire Memorial High School Choral Program, Katie Sandberg, conductor
- Chippewa Falls High School Choral Program, Ronald Buckles, conductor
- American Choral Directors Association, UW-Eau Claire Student Chapter
- Eau Claire Regis High School Choir, Rebecca Santine, conductor
- Altoona High School Choral Program, Justin Ranek, conductor
- First Congregational United Church of Christ, Eau Claire
- Members of the Executive Board of The Master Singers
- Pam Braun, Office Manager, First Congregational UCC
- Lake Street United Methodist Church, Eau Claire
- The Heart and Soul of The Master Singers
- Paul and Peggy Savides, house managers
- Connor Koppin, Composer-in-Residence
- Family members of The Master Singers
- Thi Ha, AMC Music – Houston, Texas
- Contributors to The Master Plan
- Eau Claire Chamber Orchestra
- Frank A. Watkins, conductor
- Debbie Gough, grant writer
- Wisconsin Public Radio
- Reception Coordinators
- Wisconsin Arts Board
- The Les Hale Chorale
- Meredith Pirazzini
- Concert Patrons
“Thank you for providing such outstanding choral experiences to the Chippewa Valley!” -Concert Patron